lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Niranjan Soni (sent by Nabble.com)" <li...@nabble.com>
Subject Implementing Lucene Search on DB2
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:57:06 GMT

Hello all

I am new to Lucene and evaluating this software for a search engine that we would like to
build for our e-commerce website.

Our existing website is using DB2 database and using DB2 Text Extender for search functionality.
We would use Lucene Search Engine instead of DB2 Text Extender. I would like to get some more
information about how/best way to implement Lucene Search on DB2.

Our existing search module creates/updates indexes on 4 fields from 3 database tables each.
And the search is performed using combination of these 3 tables and 4 fields from each of
these 3 tables.

We would like to implement a similar solution using Lucene. Can anyone provide me with any
kind of information how we can achieve this?

Thanks & Regards
Niranjan Soni
--
Sent from the Lucene - Java Users forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/Implementing-Lucene-Search-on-DB2-t362576.html#a1004118