lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "JMA" <mrj...@comcast.net>
Subject Cannot sort results with multisearcher when mismatched field names
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:16:17 GMT

Greetings!
I have a relatively simple problem:
I want to sort a set of search results by a field, say "author".
Fine for one index, or more than one if the field "author" is the same.

However, say I want to use a multisearcher (2+ indices), but the second
index uses field name "writer".

If I set a sortField array, that sorts first by author THEN writer.
That's not what I want - I want "author" and "writer" to be treated
as if they are the same field.

I could re-index using a common field name, but would rather not.
I could do my own custom sort after I get back the hits, but would rather
not.

Ideas?

Thanks,
JMA