lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: post-normalization score filter
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 02:34:54 GMT

It doesn't look like there were any replies to this while i've been away,
so i just wanted to point out that this isn't really a practicle thing to
do because the score's don't have any meaningfulll absolute value (ie: you
can't compare the scores from one search with the scores of another).  the
first Hit will allways have a score of "1" and the score of the other hits
will be normalized against the first one.

I've added this to the FAQ as "Can I filter by score?"
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LuceneFAQ
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LuceneFAQ#head-912c1f237bb00259185353182948e5935f0c2f03