lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: New Site Live Using Lucene
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 05:30:53 GMT

: I feel using Lucene's highlighter may make it easier to read the search
: results.

I'm of the opinion that since the result pages are all source code, syntax
highlighting is definitely the way to go, but given the existing
presentation, it does seem like it would make sense to "highlight" the
lines containing results by emphasising those line numbers ... perhaps by
bolding or chaning the color of the line number (since that doesn't affect
the syntax highlighting of the code).  I would also suggest listing the
line number(s) of matches at the top of hte page as links to local (named)
anchors (one per line number with a match).

-Hoss