lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Lock Issue
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2005 08:51:02 GMT
: index is locked when IndexReader is opening index. After that (when
: index structure is read) lock is released.

which means it sounds like your 30 threads are each trying to open
seperate searchers, which should be unneccessary.  Try opening one
(Singleton) searcher and having all of your threads us it.

: >Howdy all,
: >
: >	I am running some tests against our search.  I have created a
: >script that will run 30 simultaneous executions of 25 searches each.
: >The 25 searches are randomized but the same data is used.  I am
: >consistently getting "Lock obtain timed out:
: >Lock@/tmp/lucene-77053e9cdda0a530f729e71c09817ed5-commit.loc" errors
: >when running this.  I get it when I run less than 30 simultaneous as
: >well.
: >
: >I don't understand why there would be a lock on a search lookup.  I am
: >not writing to the index just doing a lookup.
: >
: >I'm sure I have overlooked some setting and please excuse the ignorance
: >here as I am still very new to this, but any advice would be helpful
: >
: >Thanks,
: >Tom
: >