lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rajesh Munavalli" <raje...@dessci.com>
Subject RE: Case-sensitive search
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:43:45 GMT
At the query time I was thinking of two queries ORed toegether. One with
user entered query and the other case insensitive query. For example:

The user query "Java Virtual machine" would be translated into
"Java Virtual machine" OR "java virtual machine".

Eventhough the user mistyped the case ("machine" instead of "Machine"),
the query would retrieve documents. I am not sure about the performance
though. Erik would be the right person to help us understand performance
constraints in doing so.

Rajesh Munavalli