lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ganyo <>
Subject IBM Open-Sources New Search Technology
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 20:08:43 GMT
FYI - as it is relevant to search technology.  I can't for the life
of me figure out the current or future open source licensing, though...?

IBM Open-Sources New Search Technology,1895,1844710,00.asp

"IBM plans to release as open-source a sophisticated new search and
text analysis technology that is able to find relationships, trends
and facts buried in a wide range of unstructured data, including e-
mails, Web pages, text documents, images, audio and video.
Called the UIMA (Unstructured Information Management Architecture),
the technology is able is able to go beyond the keyword analysis
typically used by most search engines to discern the semantic
meanings within text and other unstructured data, said Nelson Mattos,
vice president of information integration with IBM in San Jose, Calif."

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message