lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mufaddal Khumri" <MKhu...@allegromedical.com>
Subject de pluralization
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 00:08:15 GMT
Hello,

I am just posting this question out here since this might be a common
problem and some of you might have good pointers.

Is there algorithms/api built into lucene that would help de pluralize
words while indexing and/or while searching the index? Are there
analyzers that do this already?

There is tons of academic work on going in this area and I was wondering
the best way to solve this problem. We have ideas and heuristics
ourseleves, but would love input from the community here since this
might be a common problem.

Any pointers/ideas on this?

Thank you,
Mufaddal.

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
email in error please notify the system manager. Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this email
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient
should check this email and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for
Consult your physician prior to the use of any medical
supplies or product.