lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sale, Doug" <ds...@eb.com>
Subject RE: Index files in jar
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:59:40 GMT
this would indeed be useful, it's something i've considered doing as well.  i'm assuming a
read-only implementation (perhaps with some static method for creating a JAR from an existing
Directory); not a concurrently indexed and searched impl.

does anybody know of such code, or of any limitations that would prevent such code from being
implemented?  would performance suffer over a FSDirectory?

-doug

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Lepkowski [mailto:thomlep@gmail.com]
Sent: Mon 8/29/2005 10:42 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Index files in jar

Hello,

I have a set of index files that I'd like to distribute with my Java
application. The only way this seems practical is to place the index files
in a jar file. I tried this, but the search choked when I told IndexSearcher
the index path inside the jar file ( and placed the jar file path in the
CLASSPATH ).

Any ideas on wrapping my index files inside a jar file?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Tom