lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karl Koch" <TheRan...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Books about Lucene?
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:55:35 GMT
Hello Otis,

I do agree with Otis that somebody, preferably Erik, would provide a more
detailed list of reasons why 1.3 does not run on Java 1.2. This list could
then be used by others to adapt the code of version 1.3+ in order to make it
run for their individual purposes (if this is necessary).

The information provided in the CHANGES file is a good start but I am sure
some more information on the technical side would help (e.g. classes and
methods effected, changed in data structures, etc.).

I think Erik would perhaps be in the best position to do that since he knows
all the insides of this excellent piece of Open Source - almost everybody of
us whould spend months to find out what he already knows.

Kind Regards,
Karl