lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Is, Studcio" <Studcio...@wincor-nixdorf.com>
Subject RE: Inconsistent tokenizing of words containing underscores.
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:52:29 GMT
Hello,

first of all thanks to everyone for replies and suggestions. I solved my
problem by adapting the StandardTokenizer.jj and compiling it using
javacc.

I replaced line 90:

<ALPHANUM: (<LETTER>|<DIGIT>)+ >

with

<ALPHANUM: (<LETTER>|<DIGIT>|"_")+ >

so that underscore is treated like alphanumeric characters. In my first
tests, it seems to work perfectly. Anyhow, the problem remains that I
can't understand how the described bevaviour might be the expected
behaviour. I couldn't find the appropriate documentation in the javacc
source of the tokenizer either. I suppose the source of the problem with
underscores lies in the definition of NUM (floating point, serial, model
numbers, ip addresses, etc.). No matter what, I guess my problem is
solved.

Thanks again and regards

Sebastian