lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Riccardo Daviddi <rdavi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setBoost(float) in org.apache.lucene.document.Field cannot be applied to (double)???
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 17:05:18 GMT
I don't know where I am wrong...

I just do this:

IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(indexDir, new StandardAnalyzer(),
                                           !IndexReader.indexExists(indexDir));
writer.setUseCompoundFile(true);
Document document = new Document();
document.add(Field.Keyword("DocId", Integer.toString(docId)));
Field f = Field.Text("boostfield", "text");
f.setBoost(3.0f);
document.add(f);
writer.addDocument(document);
        writer.optimize();
        writer.close();

if then i try to get the boost factor of the boostfield

System.out.println(IndexReader.open(indexDir).document(0).getField("boostfield").getBoost());

for the only one document indexed I get 1.0 instead of 3.0!

where is the error?

thx

On 8/4/05, Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes. use 1.2f there.  That method accepts floats, not doubles.  That
> could be an error in the Lucene book.
>
> Otis
>

> --- Riccardo Daviddi <rdaviddi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Why I got this error by writing for example:
> >
> > Field senderNameField = Field.Text("senderName", senderName);
> > Field subjectField = Field.Text("subject", subject);
> > subjectField.setBoost(1.2);
> >
> > as in the manual lucene in action??
> >
> > 1.2 is a double, but the method wants a float?
> > --
> > Riccardo Daviddi

Riccardo Daviddi
University of Siena - Information Engeneering
rdaviddi@gmail.com