lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "kapilChhabra (sent by Nabble.com)" <li...@nabble.com>
Subject Re: Search Results Clustering
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 04:40:57 GMT

thanks a lot for your suggestion.
I'll try it and get back if need be.

Meanwhile, I gave it a thought and concluded that the best time to do the categorization/clustering
should be lucene calculates Hits/in the Scrorer.
I am not sure if I am right.
In addition to the current functionality can we modify the Scorer class add the following
feature:
The class generates a 2 dimentional array for the clustered field, the first dimention contains
the distinct values of the field and the second dimention contains the count of results under
this field. This value is incremented for an acceptible hit.
Does it make sense?
If it is possible, i'll dig deeper into the code of the Hits/Scorer classes.

Thanks in advance,
kapilChhabra

--
Sent from the Lucene - Java Users forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/Search-Results-Clustering-t249355.html#a748901