lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gopikrishnan Subramani <>
Subject IO bandwidth throttling
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 20:05:40 GMT

Is there a way I can control the IO bandwidth utilized by Lucene?

Here is my scenario. RAMDirectory is used to build a in-memory index
and finally the index size approaches a limit, the contents are
flushed to a FSDirectory. The index size could be approximately 512
MB. I'm a bit concerned that this might affect other NFS clients of
the same NFS server, even if it's for a short period. To avoid this I
would like to implement some sort of limit on the amount of data
transferred to the filesystem akin to the --bwlimit with the rsync

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message