lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "kapilChhabra (sent by Nabble.com)" <li...@nabble.com>
Subject Re: Search Results Clustering
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 04:54:54 GMT

thanks for the response.
I understand that using Filters can do the trick, but there are other issues invloved.
Suppose I cluster the results only on the 1st field i.e. I do not show the constituent clusters.
Even in this case, i'll require around 900 Filters[i have 900 unique terms] in memory and
will have to run the same query 900 times, 1 on each Filter.
I am sitting at a situation where I get around 15 queries/sec on an average. Even if I spare
another machine to return me the clustering results, I'll be firing 15*90 = 1350 queries/sec.

1. Am I thinking in the right direction?
2. If yes, then what else can be a more feasible solution?

Thanks in anticipation,
kapilChhabra
--
Sent from the Lucene - Java Users forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/Search-Results-Clustering-t249355.html#a731549