lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jason Haruska <jharu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Did you mean?
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:31:43 GMT
To add to other comments:

This functionality should also look at how common a term is in the corpus.
Using the corpus as "correct" set of terms to search on isn't always what
you want if the corpus is unclean (misspellings, etc.)

I believe this is why if you search on an uncommon term, Google will try to
suggest something more common, even if you spelled the term correctly.