lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From tare...@controldocs.com
Subject Re: Case-sensitive search
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:49:30 GMT
Yeah, since I will need to toggle selectively, it may not work. Also as
for writing customized query subclasses, only way I can think of is to
create several queries with all possible upper/lower case combinations of
the main query, which may really degrade the performance. Creating two
different indexes means more overhead for maintaining the index with new
docs coming in. Creating two separate fields sounds to be the better
option.