lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Books about Lucene?
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:29:37 GMT
It's absolutely permissible.  Lucene is licensed with the Apache
Software License, which is quite liberal with what you can do with
the code.

If the demand for a 1.2-compatible version of Lucene is enough that
there some folks willing to develop it and maintain it, I would be
happy to have it within Lucene's own codebase.  I think keeping as
much of the code that can be identical as possible is important, and
if it can be demonstrated that switching Lucene's trunk codebase in
parts to be 1.2 compatible is not detrimental to performance or
resource usage of Lucene then we'd strongly consider making those
changes.

     Erik