lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tony Schwartz" <t...@simpleobjects.com>
Subject Re: Any problems with a failed IndexWriter optimize call?
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:15:04 GMT
Your index should be fine.  You could use "luke" if you want to remove any dangling
files not in use.  Just run optimize again to fix it all up...  You might want to
allocate more memory that 175 though.  Depending on your document sizes and how
efficiently and fast you want lucene to work to index the data, you will want to give
lucene plenty of memory to work with.

Tony Schwartz
tony@simpleobjects.com