lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Markus Fischer <>
Subject Re: Using one physical lucene index for multiple projects
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:14:53 GMT
Maik Schreiber wrote:
>> I'm running XML-RPC to allow access to the index.
>> My idea was that I share a SecretKey between the projects indexers and
>> projects clients. So the indexer can only add/remove documents with
>> his key and the client can only access documents with his key.
> In our projects we're using HTTP authentication for XML-RPC requests.

Is any of the authentication incredentials actually put into the index
for this verifyication?

Currently, I also store the SecretKey (hash of it) in the index so I
know when e.g. the request comes to delete all documents I also which ones.

- Markus

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message