lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Markus Fischer <mar...@fischer.name>
Subject Creating parser query "by hand"
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:05:27 GMT
Hi,

I currently pass the search tokens as Vector to my query function and
construct the string to pass to the QueryParse.parse() by hand.

StringBuffer qStr = new StringBuffer();
qStr.append("title:" + queryString.trim() + "^7 ");
[...]

and this append for every field I want to search in.

When I started with lucene I had found a site saying that the
performance would be better to craft the query token by hand and not
having QueryParse.parse() parse my string again when I've already
everything to built the tokens myself.

Unfortuantely I can't find this site again and I can't find an example
on how it works to actually create the tokens myself and pass them to
the searcher.

Any help would be appriciated.

thanks,
- Markus