lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryError on addIndexes()
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:48:21 GMT
Tony Schwartz wrote:
> What about the TermInfosReader class?  It appears to read the entire term set for the
> segment into 3 arrays.  Am I seeing double on this one?
>
> p.s.  I am looking at the current sources.
>
> see TermInfosReader.ensureIndexIsRead();

The index only has 1/128 of the terms, by default.  You're right however
that there are three arrays, not just one, I'd forgotten that.  So, with
6M terms you'd have a 50k term index.  Two 200kB arrays (pointer) and
one 400kB array (long) would be allocated, plus the data to fill them.
So the total might be closer to a few MB.

Doug