lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shay Banon <kim...@mac.com>
Subject Re: JDBC proxy implementing Lucene?
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:56:29 GMT
Hi,

    That is exactly the path I took with Compass and Hibernate. Compass
integrates with Hibernate events (update/delete/create) and syncs the
search engine using it. I had problems with Hibernate 2 interceptors
(external id is null, and other stuff) so it currently works only with
Hibernate events. The nice thing about Compass, is that once the
application works on the Object level for the search as well (OSEM),
than it becomes very simple to do it. Compass simply registers with
Hibernate events, and persist to the search engine any changes made to
objects that have both ORM (obviously) and OSEM definitions.

    One can than extend the notion of intercepting and actually define a
generic Aspect (AOP) for search engine syncs. Which can be applied to
any application, as long as it has OSEM - Object to Search Engine
mappings (or any other type of mappings), since you must have some kind
of knowledge how to combine the two.

    Shay