lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Volodymyr Bychkoviak <vbychkov...@i-hypergrid.com>
Subject merging indexes together
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 17:49:59 GMT
Hello All.

In my program I index new information to temporary dir and after then I
delete outdated information from main index and add new information by
calling indexWriter.addIndexes() method. This works fine when doc number
is relatively small but when index size grows, every call to addIndexes
can take very long. (NOTE: new information is ONLY part of all index)

The reason I'm using this approach is that I want old information to be
available during indexing new information and then switch as fast as I
can to new information.

current index 336Mb / 1100000 Docs. and growing...
current time to merge indexes is about 5min.

Any ideas how to optimize this?

--
regards,
Volodymyr Bychkoviak