lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Schultz <rob...@cosmicrealms.com>
Subject New Site Live Using Lucene
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 22:17:49 GMT
Not sure if this is appropriate or not, but I just put live a web site
that I have been working on for over a year, and it uses Lucene for all
it's searching.

I have 46 million documents in 15 Lucene index's, although the vast
majority of those consist of only a few words.
The Lucene index's take up about 6GB of space.

I wrote a Java daemon to listen on a socket, and accept connections from
my PHP scripts in order to do the searching.

The results from Lucene include ID numbers that are linked up with MySQL
records thus forming the resulting web page.

You can see the site here: http://csourcesearch.net

It's a website that allows you to search over 99 million lines of open
source C/C++ code :)

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks a lot for such a great product (even
if it is java *snicker*)

Thanks again Lucene! :)