lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "N. C. Deepak Ramesh" <ncd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index design question
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2005 17:11:53 GMT
Hi,

If you store only IDs in Lucene, you won't be able to search using
> keywords (text).

Let me explain better. Suppose I have an index field called categories which
contains a list of ids for each post. For example - 1 2 45 198. Now I can
search on the contents field but restricted to all posts under a particular
category by using -

"content:java and category:45 or 198".

Note - Not exact syntax but I hope you get the picture. Anything wrong with
this approach?

That way you get PG+Lucene in a single package.

That would be a killer combo.

But what I would like to know is if anybody on this list has used tsearch2
but later moved on to lucene because of reasons of speed, search
flexibility, etc.

Thanks,

Deepak