lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Veentjer - Anchor Men" <p.veent...@anchormen.nl>
Subject RE: Corrupted indexes
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:23:18 GMT
What kind of corruption do you get? Do the files get corrupted
(unusable/unreadable), or do you get multiple items in the index?

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Eric Bressler [mailto:eric.bressler@coreblox.com]
Verzonden: maandag 29 augustus 2005 23:18
Aan: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Onderwerp: Corrupted indexes

I am running lucene 1.4.3 and I have a situation where after adding and
removing some objects, my index becomes corrupt.  I have been careful to
make sure that all adds and removes happen in a single thread (although
I know that isn't necessarly needed) and it still occurs.  I am not sure
how to go about debugging the index corruption, so any pointers will be
welcome.  Oh, this only appears to happen when the index and removals
happen rapidly.  I cannot do it when there are all adds or removals w/o
it being a rapid change between adds and removes.
Thanks

Eric