lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Boyd <andrew.b...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: DOM or XML representation of a query?
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:35:19 GMT
Query is Serializable  why not use that?

-----Original Message-----
From: Roy Klein <klein@sitescape.com>
Sent: Aug 10, 2005 10:08 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: DOM or XML representation of a query?

Hi,

The "front-end" guys working on my application need a way to pass me complex
queries. I was thinking that it'd be pretty straightforward to hand them a
package which helps them to create a DOM object which describes a query
(i.e. nested Booleans combined with phrases and keyword searches, sort by
field, etc).   I did a few searches in the archive of this list, but didn't
find any examples, however, I suspect it's a common requirement amongst
members of this list.

Can anybody point be at an example of the above?

Thanks!

Roy

Andrew Boyd
Software Architect