lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Books about Lucene?
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 23:47:50 GMT
Hi,

> If the demand for a 1.2-compatible version of Lucene is enough that
> there some folks willing to develop it and maintain it, I would be
> happy to have it within Lucene's own codebase.  I think keeping as
> much of the code that can be identical as possible is important, and
>
> if it can be demonstrated that switching Lucene's trunk codebase in
> parts to be 1.2 compatible is not detrimental to performance or
> resource usage of Lucene then we'd strongly consider making those
> changes.

I think Lucene version 1.2 was mentioned simply because it worked with
an earlier JDK that must be shipped on some PDA.  Perhaps the JDK (I
J2ME) on that PDA can be upgraded instead?

If not, Karl should run the current version of Lucene on that device
and provide a list of errors... want to do that, Karl?

Otis

  So, the real goal is to get Lucene working on that PDA