lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aigner, Thomas" <TAig...@WescoDist.com>
Subject Lock Issue
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 16:15:32 GMT
Howdy all,

	I am running some tests against our search.  I have created a
script that will run 30 simultaneous executions of 25 searches each.
The 25 searches are randomized but the same data is used.  I am
consistently getting "Lock obtain timed out:
Lock@/tmp/lucene-77053e9cdda0a530f729e71c09817ed5-commit.loc" errors
when running this.  I get it when I run less than 30 simultaneous as
well.

I don't understand why there would be a lock on a search lookup.  I am
not writing to the index just doing a lookup.

I'm sure I have overlooked some setting and please excuse the ignorance
here as I am still very new to this, but any advice would be helpful

Thanks,
Tom