lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dave Kor <s0454...@sms.ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Lucene in IR Research
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:07:08 GMT
Quoting Karl Koch <TheRanger@gmx.net>:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to know about papers that where written and used Lucene as the
> unerlying search engine. E.g. Lucene as baseline search engine and some
> modifications to compare it with baseline Lucene system etc.
>
> Please provide links to published papers if possible.

I have some work on Question Answering that extensively uses Lucene for TREC
this year, but the paper is only half written (due november) so I'm afraid I
can't release it at the moment. Some other papers I can point out are:

Phrasal Queries with LingPipe and Lucene: Ad Hoc Genomics Text Retrieval,
by B. Carpenter, Alias-i, Inc.
http://trec.nist.gov/pubs/trec13/papers/alias-i.geo.pdf

Boris Katz and his team at MIT uses Lucene for a lot of their QA work, here's a
paper that compares Lucene with PRISE (The IR engine NIST uses for TREC).
Quantitative Evaluation of Passage Retrieval Algorithms for Question Answering
http://groups.csail.mit.edu/infolab/publications/Tellex-etal-SIGIR03.pdf

A comparison of off-the-shelf IR engines for question answering
by Jorg Tiedemann
http://www.let.rug.nl/~gosse/Imix/clin04_tiedemann.pdf

I hope this helps.