lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Excel Spreadsheet
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:58:55 GMT
On Aug 8, 2005, at 10:30 AM, christopher may wrote:
> I have a spreadsheet with the first cell being the term and the
> next cells hold the description. Is there a way I can build this
> into the index easily or is this going to take a custom analyzer ?
> Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

What are your searching needs?  That is the first question to ask
yourself when deciding on an analyzer.  You will probably want to
extract the cells separately and index them into separate fields, and
you could start by trying the StandardAnalyzer to see if it meets
your needs.  It is impossible to say for sure without seeing some
details of what text you're dealing with and knowing how you want to
search it.

     Erik