lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Leos Literak <liter...@seznam.cz>
Subject non-lexical comparisons
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:48:40 GMT
I know the answear, but just for curiosity:

have you guys ever thought about non-lexical comparison
support? For example I started to index number of replies
in discussion, so I can find questions without answear,
with one reply, two comments etc. But I cannot simply
express that I want to find questions with more than five
comments (there are ways using regexp, but I dont consider
them as simple).

Probably such feature belongs to RDBMS rather than to fulltext
library .. I am just interested in you opinion. (I expect,
that my users will raise the question, why they cannot use
such condition so I ask in advance).

Leos