lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Fraschetti <frasche...@gmail.com>
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:07:17 GMT
I've read of people combining smaller indexer to help distribute
indexing and such, but I've been unable to find any descriptions of
large index merges. I've seen a post of two in regards to a merge
taking a nice amount of heap space (I've also observed this) but I
wanted to poll you folks to see how merging two indexes actually
performs on a large set of data. Does there read a point to where the
indexes are similar too large for the JVM to handle or does index size
(either of them) not have that great of an affect on merge memory
usage? Any success stories out there with using merge on a large
scale?

Thanks in advance