lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul.Illingwo...@saaconsultants.com
Subject RE: Lucene and numerical fields search
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:04:31 GMT

Hi Mickaël,

Take a look at the org.apache.lucene.search.DateFilter class that comes
with Lucene. This does date range filtering (I am using a modified version
of this class for filtering my date format). It should be relatively
strightforward to modify this for filtering numeric ranges. If your numbers
are stored as zero padded Strings then you should be able to leave the
bits() method as is otherwise you might have to put some String to number
conversion in there somewhere.

Regards

Paul I

             Rifflard Mickaël
             <Mickael.Rifflard
             @atosorigin.com>                                           To
                                       <java-user@lucene.apache.org>
             12/07/2005 09:31                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: Lucene and numerical fields
             java-user@lucene.         search
                apache.org

Hi Paul,

I have seen Filter feature and search how to use it to solve my problem