lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: How to get the un-stemed word
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:32:55 GMT

On Jul 8, 2005, at 11:13 AM, Andrew Boyd wrote:
> It would be cool to have the type in the index.  Imagine if you had
> different types like
> person, place, event or even subject, predicate, object.  It would
> greatly enhance the search capabilities of lucene.

I completely concur.  It is for the gurus of the inner workings to
discuss the feasibility of this sort of thing.  I believe Doug did
add some kind of additional information, though I don't recall the
specifics.  Could someone elaborate on the pros/cons to this sort of
thing?

Subject, predicate, object.... right within my current work context
of learning and building a system that leverages RDF heavily.

     Erik