lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <>
Subject updating an index... with existing documents ?
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:37:32 GMT

My mission is currently to update an index by marking adding a flag
field on some documents.
For this, I seem to have the only following possibility:
- search for the documents in question, store them, filter them
- modify the documents in accordance
- delete the modified documents
- put back the documents

However, I seem to experiment and fear that unstored-fields will be
lost underway... I, of course, do not wish to re-run the analysis
process here (which is complex because of the xml-nature on the back).

Will these fields indeed be lost ?
Is there no way to "copy the token-streams" (as it's anyways stored in
the index in some way) ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message