lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Terence Lai <t...@trekspace.com>
Subject Help on the ParallelMultiSearcher.rewrite(Query) method
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 19:04:51 GMT
Hi all,

I am currently using Lucene 1.4.2. Since my search documents are huge, I divide the search
index into different index directory and make use of the ParallelMultiSearcher to perform
the search.

Currently, I am working on the highlight feature using Lucene Sandbox Highlighter. One of
the requirements is to convert the Query into the primitive form. I invoked the ParallelMultiSearcher.rewrite(Query).
However, I got the exception, UnsupportedOperationException.

I start studying the source code. I discover that the ParallelMultiSearcher calls Query.combine()
method to combine multiple primitive query into a single one. By looking at the Query.java,
the method hasn't been implemented as you see below:

  /** Expert: called when re-writing queries under MultiSearcher.
   *
   * <p>Only implemented by derived queries, with no
   * {@link #createWeight(Searcher)} implementatation.
   */
  public Query combine(Query[] queries) {
  }

Does anyone know any alternative to rewrite the query if I have multiple index directories?

Thanks,
Terence