lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: free text search with numbers
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 14:15:29 GMT

On Jul 4, 2005, at 9:02 AM, BOUDOT Christian wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I modified the analyzer (it is now vegetarian and won't eat numbers
> anymore
> :-) but I have hit a new problem. The parser won't accept a keyword
> to start
> with a wildcard character. (*/12/2003) Any hints to solve this new
> issue?

This is by-design "issue" with QueryParser (to avoid WildcardQuery's
from being created that run through every term in the index).  It is
the way the grammar has been defined.  You would need to build your
own QueryParser to change this behavior.   The relevant QueryParser
grammar piece is this (from QueryParser.jj):

| <WILDTERM:  <_TERM_START_CHAR>

     Erik