lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Xing Li <x...@mac.com>
Subject RE: SIMPLE Lucene / MySQL Indexer
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:15:19 GMT
Don't make the mistake of complicating the task. Just read straight from mysql into lucene
via java. There is no benefit of exporting data to xml just to regrab the data back into lucene.

Get the Lucene In actioin book if you haven't cause all the samples there are real-world practical.
Are you need to add is 10 lines of mysql type java/jdbc code and you are ready to create your
first index. Download luke for lucene, GUI testing tool so you can browse the index, perform
searches, validate/test search performan bottlenecks, dissect queries, etc.