lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lu <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rename bug
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:22:50 GMT
This is actually a known problem, particular to windows OS.
I remember Doug Cuttings has talked about it before.

Inside Lucene, the get-around is to try to rename the file until successful.

The IOException you saw may not affect your indexes' integrity. But I
said so just based on experience, not thoroghly tested.

There was a patch for this, but somehow it's not made into Lucene
1.4.3, or the latest dev version, AFAIK.

--
Chris Lu