lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lu <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SIMPLE Lucene / MySQL Indexer
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:47:14 GMT
Hi, Klaus, thanks.

You can simply use DBSight to create the index. It's in Lucene's
standard format.
And you can control index field type, analyzers, how to select data
from database, number of java threads, etc, just by web UI. No coding
is needed. We have a user who didn't know Lucene at all, and have 3
database searches up and running in one week.

To index a huge index, say 1 million records, it may take 5 ~ 24 hours
depends on the record size, computer size, etc. Actually most of the
time is spent on JDBC pulling the data.

Special warning: MySQL's JDBC driver has a bug leading to OutOfMemory
if you do a select with lots of rows. You must download the latest
JDBC(dev version) and use setFetchSize().

Chris
---
Full-Text Search on Any Database
http://www.dbsight.net