lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tardif, Sebastien" <STAR...@anacomp.com>
Subject Runtime full text search like in Microsoft Windows Search
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:57:02 GMT
How can you use Lucene like the very limited but fast search that
Microsoft Windows Search provide?

The use case is that the users have a CD with lot of files. I provide
them a nice user interface. They have the option to generate the full
text search index but they should also be able to search without an
index generated. I know that will be slow, but Microsoft Windows Search
is still able to search 500 MB in less than 30 seconds for simpler
matching.

How can I use Lucene for this simpler, not existing index, search?

Or should I have to hook to operating system specific API like Win32 on
Windows?