lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Searching for similar documents
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:59:28 GMT
On Jul 19, 2005, at 12:42 PM, Kadlabalu, Hareesh wrote:
> If someone could someone please extract a version of this file from
> source
> control that corresponds to lucene 1.4.3 or if this can file can be
> back-ported, it would be greatly helpful.

The old Jakarta Lucene Sandbox is still available via CVS:

     cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co jakarta-
lucene-sandbox

> 1.
> IndexReader.getFieldNames( IndexReader.FieldOption.INDEXED ) does not
> compile on 1.4.3, replace with IndexReader.getIndexedFieldNames
> ( true )?

I think you want false, not true.  The boolean flag refers to term
vector data.

> 2.
> query.add(tq, BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD) does not compile on
> 1.4.3, is this
> the same as query.add( tq, true, true )?

No.  It's the same as add(tq, false, false)

> I have one small request, is it possible
> to make the archive of 'Contribution' section that corresponds to
> Lucene
> 1.4.3 release available online?

At this point we're probably too far removed from it to accomplish
that cleanly.  MoreLikeThis may not have ever been 1.4.3 compatible -
I don't recall - it certainly wasn't added until well after 1.4.3 was
released.  The CVS repository should be sufficient for folks to build
it themselves if necessary.

For most of the old Sandbox contributions, you can find binary
releases of those in the Lucene in Action code distribution at
www.lucenebook.com

     Erik