lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: wild card with keyword fileld
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:45:06 GMT

On Jul 20, 2005, at 1:22 AM, Rahul D Thakare wrote:
> /* QueryParser qp = new QueryParser(line,analyzer);
>   qp.setLowercaseWildcardTerms(false);
>   Query query = qp.parse(line, "keywords", analyzer);
> */
>  Query query = QueryParser.parse(line, "keywords", analyzer);

You've been bitten, as many others have, of not using the proper
parse method.  parse(String, String, Analyzer) is a _static_ method
and completely ignores your set* calls.  Use parse(String).

I have deprecated the static method for the 1.9 release and will
remove it in the 2.0 release (coming in the near unknown future).

     Erik