lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Magne Skjeret <magne.skje...@broadpark.no>
Subject Relations between documents
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:40:51 GMT
Hi

I have been reading around a bit on the net to find a solution for my
problem, but no luck yet. I am pretty sure it can be done, but I haven't
found out how yet.

My problem is that I have relations between documents.

E.g
   Survey --> Variables

   Each survey can have loads of variables, and I want to be able to run
queries like this:

Get Survey where Variable.label contains 'gender'
Get Variable where Survey.abstract contains 'cancer'

Is this possible to do this in the index? Or does it belong in the query?

If anyone has some comments on best practice or other comments I would
very much appreciate hearing about them.

Magne Skjeret