lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "xing@mac.com" <x...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Runtime full text search like in Microsoft Windows Search
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 19:12:38 GMT
If Microsoft Search does as you describe. Isn't it just:

1) Open file
2) Determine file type
3) Convert file content to UTF8, if text based, and you have the API to
read it. .html, .txt., .doc, .excel, etc.
4) Perform string search, regex.
5) Continue to next file

As far as I know, Lucene is not designed for unindexed search.