lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Best Practices for Distributing Lucene Indexing and Searching
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:47:38 GMT
Paul Smith wrote:

>> I'm not sure how generic or Nutch-specific Doug and Mike's MapReduce
>> code is in Nutch, I haven't been paying close enough attention.
>>

> Me too.. :)  I didn't even know Nutch was now fully in the ASF, and  I'm
> a Member... :-$

Let me pipe in on behalf of the Nutch project... The work that Doug and
Mike are doing is on a branch, so you will want to check out the following:

	svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/nutch/branches/mapred

The distributed work units are performed by arbitrary implementations of
appropriate interfaces, so it should be possible to provide
implementations that handle just Lucene indices.

The MapReduce code is still under heavy development, but it will provide
the core of Nutch for the next version. Any pair of hands (and eyes)
interested in this work will definitely help!

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><