lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lu <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SIMPLE Lucene / MySQL Indexer
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 03:03:36 GMT
Please allow me to intraduce DBSight.
It's based on Lucene, oriented for Any database search.

Most of the things are done by web UI. No coding is needed to create
your search.
check out this demo.  http://search.dbsight.com

It's free to download and test. Free for developer edition, non-profit
usage.

Chris Lu
---
Full-Text Search on Any Database
http://www.dbsight.net

Klaus Hubert wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I played with several search engines to replace MySQL
>FULLTEXT index and hope that Lucene is the best
>solution for that.
>
>I am reading Mannings book on Lucene in action and it
>seems to be the most powerful search engine I found so
>far.
>
>I'm stuck at some problem and need help from you
>experts. I managed to create an index as described in
>the examples. I also managed to read a MySQL database
>in Java.
>
>My question is, if anybody here has some SIMPLE
>example which does this in one step. I am good in PHP
>and in Visual Basic, but very new to Java. Maybe I'm
>using the wrong tools (NetBeans IDE and JCreator) but
>I don't get it managed to create an Lucene Index on 3
>database fields.
>
>I appreciate any help.
>
>Thank you so much,
>
>  Klaus