lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Muetze303 <Muetze...@gmx.li>
Subject Re: FileNotFoundException segments
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 18:52:26 GMT
Ok, your directory exists.

if ((indexFile = new File(indexDir)).exists() && indexFile.isDirectory())
{
exists = false;
System.out.println("Index does not exist");
}

now is  exists == false

at this point:

writer = new IndexWriter(indexFile, new StandardAnalyzer(), exists);

exists is still false. That means that your are trying to update an existing index. but there
is no index inside your index. I think exists must be true so that a new index is created
inside your directory!?

change the exists from false to true and everything should work fine ...

bib_lucene bib wrote:

>This is a new directory, created just before this step.
>I am uploading files to this directory. The file is getting uploaded fine.
>Any ideas?
>
>Muetze303 <Muetze303@gmx.li> wrote:
>probably the dir exists, but the index inside the dir is broken or not
>complete and you are trying to use it instead of creating a new one?!
>
>bib_lucene bib wrote:
>

>>Hi All
>>
>>can someone please help me on the error in my web application...
>>
>>I am using tomcat , the path for index dir is obtained from jsp page using application.getRealPath("/")+"download/compName"
>>
>>I want to index when the file gets uploaded.
>>I am getting this error...
>>
>>java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\tomcat\webapps\myApp\download\compName\segmen
>>s (The system cannot find the file specified)
>>at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
>>at java.io.RandomAccessFile.(RandomAccessFile.java:204)
>>at org.apache.lucene.store.FSInputStream$Descriptor.(FSDirectory.
>>ava:376)
>>at org.apache.lucene.store.FSInputStream.(FSDirectory.java:405)
>>at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.openFile(FSDirectory.java:268)
>>at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.read(SegmentInfos.java:40)
>>at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter$1.doBody(IndexWriter.java:233)
>>at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock$With.run(Lock.java:109)
>>at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.(IndexWriter.java:228)
>>at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.(IndexWriter.java:193)
>>at com.rs.upload.FileIndexer.indexDocument(FileIndexer.java:43)
>>

>>This directory C:\tomcat\webapps\myApp\download\compName\ exist in the file system.
>>
>>Here is the program I wrote
>>/*
>>* Created on Jul 6, 2005
>>*
>>* TODO To change the template for this generated file go to
>>* Window - Preferences - Java - Code Style - Code Templates
>>*/
>>package com.rs.upload;
>>import java.util.Hashtable;
>>import java.util.Iterator;
>>import java.io.*;
>>import org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter;
>>import org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.*;
>>import org.apache.lucene.document.*;
>>/**
>>* @author
>>*
>>* This will index the documents as and when documents are uploaded.
>>*
>>*/
>>public class FileIndexer {
>>
>>public static void indexDocument(String fileName, Hashtable fields, String indexDir)
throws IOException{

>>// Find if the index already exists
>>boolean exists = true;
>>File indexFile = null;
>>if ((indexFile = new File(indexDir)).exists() && indexFile.isDirectory())
>>{
>>exists = false;
>>System.out.println("Index does not exist");
>>}
>>else
>>{
>>exists = true;
>>System.out.println("Index does exist");
>>}
>>System.out.println("Index Directory:"+indexDir);
>>IndexWriter writer = null;
>>try {
>>writer = new IndexWriter(indexFile, new StandardAnalyzer(), exists);
>>} catch (IOException e) {
>>// TODO Auto-generated catch block
>>e.printStackTrace();
>>}
>>writer.mergeFactor = 20;
>>
>>File candidateFile = new File(fileName);
>>indexFile(writer,candidateFile,fields);
>>}
>>
>>private static void indexFile(IndexWriter writer, File f, Hashtable fields) throws
IOException{